Bora Bora....

Running the Coast Line in Bora Bora....

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Saints are Marching In!!


Wow - a great Super Bowl today. Poor Peyton Manning lost the game for his Colts with a 4QTR interception to Porter. It was an exciting game to watch and an unexpected outcome. I actually didn't think that the Colts were capable of losing the game today. It just goes to show you that on any given day you can win.

Back to training. Managed to get in about 1:15 on the trainer today watching on the big screen a race - high intensity work out - albeit my HR only got up to a peak of 142 during the race. It averages around 128 BPM. Post cycle work out Jack and I went up to Prairie Life to swim 1,000 yards and then ran 3 miles. So overall got the week started off right.

Nutrition, blew my plan today. After all it was Super Bowl sunday and wings, taco dip, cheese, crackers, ice cream and cake were in order. One day of splurging isn't going to set me back too far. I'm being diligent about stretching the achilles/calfs as per Dr Stark's instructions - his advice is working for me well. In addition, I'm taking 2 advil every evening to mitigate any inflammation as well as 3 fish oil pills, one multi-vitamin, 3 glutamine pills and recoverite drink post every work out. Seems to be working as I'm adding miles and times and all is well right now. Other than some interval training today at PL I hve not been pushing the run or the bike too hard - yet.

Taking the 5:45AM flight ot Denver in the morning, arriving at 7:37AM and the day is spoken for till probably 7PM - at which time I will hit the gym for a 4-5 mile run and a good core and base strength training work out. Will probably hit 24 HR Fitness on Tuesday am for lite run and spin class. The week will go by quickly.

Cheers..........

No comments:

Post a Comment